Thursday, October 29, 2009

Emulation

These first four shots are from a spread that Tim Walker and Tim Burton worked on together for Harper's Bazaar. I'm a huge Tim Burton fan so seeing these two work together made my week.



Tim Walker's work just feels so dreamy and effortless to me that it takes on a life of it's own. It's all so beautiful in it's own wonderful way.






Richard Avedon has done some amazing portrait work that just fascinates me.


I could go on for days about how much I am in love with Ryan Russell's work. He's a professional concert photographer from Birmingham, Alabama who is essentially everything I want to be when I grow up. He travels around the country to shoot shows, takes portrait photos of my favorite musicians, and makes a living from doing so. His more recent work has taken a turn to grainy black and white photos in darker tones, while his older work had light blurs and were a bit brighter.








No comments:

Post a Comment